The objective of this post is to give a detailed guide on how UTME and DE Candidates can go about the change of institution, change of course, date of birth, O’level result and other bio-data informations.
Jamb data correction can be seen as a privilege jamb gave candidates to make changes to their already submitted details when registering.
While change of institution and bio-data may sound all appealing, it would be helpful to know when a candidate should consider data correction (change of institution/course).
Below are some common reason while some candidates apply for data correction.
INCORRECT DETAILS WHILE REGISTERING FOR JAMB
This is perhaps the most common reason why candidate pursue jamb data correction. This might be as a result of misspelled name, wrong O’level Details, wrong choice of institution or in general giving wrong bio-data information.
A candidate that has issues like this would definitely want to make redress through jamb data correction.
UNANTICIPATED JAMB SCORE
This is yet another reason to consider change of institution or jamb data correction.
Most times a candidate may score way above the mark he/she intended or lower, and this may force the candidate to make changes to it previous choice of Institution or course.
IN LIGHT OF NEW INFORMATION
Often times as well, new information about a course or institution may be the reason why a candidate seeks change of institution or course.
Getting to know about that an institution does not allow it students to live outside campus may be all it requires to kill the interest of some candidates.
READ ALSO: Boost Your GPA Effortlessly
Regardless of the reason however, I implore you to think it through before making such decision, like someone I know would say “measure twice cut once”.
The reason behind this advise actually is because jamb only give room to make some of these chat just once. Both UTME and DE aspirant.
For what it’s worth, here is a list of corrections you can make and how many times you can make each.
- Names Correction ( correction can only be done once).
- Date of birth (correction can only be done once).
- Passport correction (correction can only be done once).
- Gender correction (correction can only be done once).
- State/LGA correction (correction can only be done once).
- Change of Institution (correction can be done twice).
- Change of course (correction can be done twice).
NOTE: Any of the above corrections attract a fee of #2500 for both UTME and DE aspirants.
Change of Institution and change of course which can be done twice will attract a fee of #2500 for each correction.
PROCEDURE FOR JAMB CHANGE OF INSTITUTION AND CHANGE OF COURSE
Follow the procedures outlined below to process change of Institution/course successfully.
- Login to your e-facility profile.
- Click “Registration 2019” and from the drop-down that shows, select “2019 UTME Data Correction” for UTME candidates or “2019 DE Data correction” for DE Candidates.
- Select “choice of Course/Institution Correction” or “other corrections” for Corrections such as Name, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin.
- Make payment and proceed to complete the change of Institution/course Correction.
Having trouble doing jamb change of Institution/course or about Jamb 2020? Do let us know in the comment section below, we’ll be pleased to help you out.
We hope you found this article helpful, or you know someone this might help? Kindly share using our social share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Sharing is Caring