Jamb 2020 Registration will start in a couple of months now, and jamb will start sale of jamb form for UTME and DE aspirants.
This guide is designed to answer questions such as, how do I register for jamb 2020? When will the sale of jamb 2020 form begin? How will jamb 2020 Registration be done?
These amidst other related questions will answered in this post
I have made painstaking effort to make this guide detailed and explanatory as possible, having it at the back of my mind that the larger audience of this post are fresh Secondary school leavers who are attempting the exam for the first time.
I have also discovered that most mistakes that usually occur during jamb Registration may have been averted if aspirant have a fore knowledge of the whole JAMB registration process before it even begins.
Jamb through it portal gave a rather consise version of the whole Registration process.
For what it’s worth, here is a summary of the process as published by jamb.
Jamb Registration process as given above is further explained in details below
WHAT YOU NEED FOR JAMB 2020 REGISTRATION
- A valid email address (I recommend you use Gmail)
- An active mobile number number
- Cash for purchase of pin and Registration fee at CBT Registration Centre
PROCEDURE FOR JAMB 2020 REGISTRATION
1. CREATE A JAMB PROFILE
This is the first step in jamb 2020 Registration, Every Candidates is required to create a jamb profile to begin the jamb Registration process. Click here to see common mistakes Candidates make and how you can avoid them
HOW TO CREATE A JAMB PROFILE
- Select a sim you would like to use for jamb Registration.( Preferably your hot line as the number you choose will be linked to your account and be used by jamb to pass information to you and other processes like Checking your jamb result
- Send as SMS your Surname First-name Middle-name(if applicable) in that order to 55019. As in Adeleke Tijani Chukwu to 55019. This process cost #50 therefore ensure you have up to that in your account.
- A jamb confirmation code of 10 digits will be sent as SMS to the sim(phone number)
SOME QUICK CORRECTIONS THAT CAN BE DONE ON YOUR PROFILE
- To update an existing profile that is yet to purchase a UTME/DE pin, send correct surname firsname middlename as SMS from your unique GSM number to 55019. Ensure the names are in the specified order and seperated from each other by a space e.g correct Adeyemi Chukwu Adama. NOTE: You can only correct names if you have not use the confirmation code to purchase UTME/DE pin.
- To receive your confirmation code again, send RESEND as SMS from your unique GSM number to 55019
2. PROCEED TO PAY FOR JAMB 2020 E-PIN
Now after successfully getting your jamb confirmation number, the next step is to get the e-PIN at approved Centres of payment. Here is a list of the available payment mediums
EPIN PAYMENT THROUGH BANK
- Present confirmation code and pay by cash or card
- e-PIN is then sent to the candidates phone number
EPIN PAYMENT USING ATM
This can be done at all ATM outlets of affiliated Banks listed in (I)(Interswitch Channel)
- Select bill payment and select jamb
- Input your confirmation code and pay
- e-PIN is then sent to the candidates uniqy phone number
EPIN PAYMENT USING POS
This can be done at state offices of JAMB and CBT Centres or other POS outlets that accepts it
- Present profile code and pay by card
- e-PIN is then sent to the candidate unique phone number
EPIN PAYMENT USING USSD CODE
- Dial *565*6*55019#
- Enter confirmation code
- Select bank and follow the instructions to complete payment
- If payment is successful e-PIN is then sent to the candidates associated phone number
EPIN PAYMENT ON JAMB PORTAL
- On the home page click on “sign up for UTME/DE”
- On the next page click “already have confirmation code” and proceed
- Proceed to make payment, if payment is successful e-PIN will be sent to the candidates phone number
E-PIN PAYMENT THROUGH MOBILE MONEY OPERATORS
- Present confirmation code and pay by cash
- e-PIN is then delivered to the candidates phone number
WHAT TO DO IF YOU LOOSE YOUR E-PIN
- To receive your already purchased jamb UTME e-PIN send UTMEPIN as SMS from your unique GSM number to 55019
- To receive your already purchased jamb Direct Entry e-PIN send DEPIN as SMS from your unique GSM number to 55019
STEP 3: COMPLETE REGISTRATION AT JAMB ACCREDITED CBT CENTRE
Believing candidates at this point has successfully created their profile and gotten their jamb e-PIN
The next step is to proceed to jamb accredited CBT Registration Centre to complete registration. Here is a list of all jamb accredited CBT Centres Nationwide.
REGISTRATION GUIDELINES AT JAMB CBT CENTRE
The candidate presents the ePIN at any JAMB accredited CBT Centre for completion of registration. The name of the candidate as typed by the candidate on his/her phone when registering the proﬁle comes up automatically on the input of the e-PIN by the CBT centre.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES
- Pay NOT more than N700 as Service Charge to the CBT Centre
- Provide Biodata including Date of Birth, Nationality, State of Origin, Local Government, Gender, e-mail address, among others
- Provide choice of institutions and programmes (disciplines)
- Provide qualiﬁcation with grades and dates, if not awaiting result
- Upload relevant certiﬁcates, if not awaiting result
- O/L and or A/L grades are to be provided by candidates. Candidates who are awaiting results should supply the results online as soon as they are available on JAMB’s portal. No recommendations from any Institution will be considered by JAMB if the candidate has not supplied his/her result on the portal of JAMB
- Supply JAMB registration number for previous institutional certiﬁcates for DE only
- Provide UTME subjects and choice of examination town(s) for
- Mock examination (optional)
- Examination for UTME (actual examination)
- Do picture capture (no scanning of passport photograph)
- Do Biometric enrolment (ten ﬁngers)
- Review entries and conﬁrm correctness
- Print Registration Slip USING BIOMETRIC AUTHENTICATION
- Collect, at no other cost, the reading text and CD
- Each Candidate is to collect his/her e-slip at the end of registration as evidence of registration
- There will be no ofﬂine registration, as all the accredited CBT centres have been empowered for real time online registration. No candidate should register at any centre other than the accredited CBT centre and JAMB State-Ofﬁces. Any candidate who is registered outside approved centres will be identiﬁed and disqualiﬁed
STEP 4: AFTER REGISTRATION AT THE CBT CENTRE
Upon completion of registration at the CBT Centre. Every Candidate must be given all of the following items
- A CD
- Jamb slip will be issued to every candidate after successfully completing Registration
- Litrature text will be given to candidate, the text for UTME candidates is “sweet sixteen” by Bolaji Abdullahi and “The last days at forcados high school” by A.H Mohammed.
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE FOR JAMB 2020 UTME CANDIDATES IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES
Jamb has made provision for candidates in foreign country who are non Nigerians or Nigerians who are resident in foreign country for minimum of 3 months to participate in jamb 2020 unified tetiary matriculation Examination (UTME). See how to practice past questions
However, this provision is not for all countries. Only aspirants living in the following 8 countries are qualified
- Benin Republic
- Cote D’ivoire
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
Candidates from the eight foreign countries are to download the application form for the board website and submit it with the fee at the designated Centres indicated on jamb portal. Click here to see the secret to studying and retaining
WHAT TO DO AFTER JAMB 2020 REGISTRATION
- After successful completion of Registration, Candidates would wait for JAMB to announce when candidates can start reprinting their jamb slip to show information such as, exam date, venue and time. We implore you to keep visiting this site to as we are going to let you know when reprinting of jamb slip 2020 begins. See how to Reprint your jamb slip
- Every year, many fails jamb woefully. This may be because of I’ll preparation or because of some other costly mistakes. As you prepare for jamb 2020, READ our guide to pass jamb 2020 in flying colors and common mistakes Candidates make and how to avoid them
Having any Question about Jamb 2020 Registration? Do let us know in the comment section below, we’ll more than pleased to help.
We hope you found this article helpful, or you know someone this might help? Kindly share using our social share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Sharing is Caring